20background

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Merry-Go-Round Quilt

I have finished my Merry-Go-Round quilt top and now I am ready to start with the backing/quilting/ binding! I used Moda/Portobello Market fabric. I just love the outcome, colors and pattern they are so beautiful (my photo does not really show off the true colors/pattern well). I will post another picture of the finished quilt soon.

In July, I went to the Merry-Go-Round Summer Quilt Camp 2009 in Laughlin with my sister Kim at Creating By The Lake and her quilting friends from The Havasu Quilters Guild (these gals are a hoot). This pattern was featured in the 2008 October McCalls Quilting Magazine - it was a great project for the summer camp. I decided to make a larger version of the quilt pattern and I am so glad I did! I think and I must whip up another smaller sized Merry-Go-Round quilt using some 1930s fabric =0)

I cannot wait to see what what surprises are in store for quilt camp 2010!!

Cheers!
Sweettata

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hey Tata! I love your quilt. The colors turned out great.. can't wait til next year to see what it is store for us...